Test benches (KPK) are automated systems to test and measure electrical parameters of aircraft electrical, radio, and instrument equipment, and are designed for laboratories of aviation and technical facilities of airline companies and maintenance units of Civil Aviation.
The KPK are used for diagnostic of avionics of Mi-8/Mi-17/Mi-171, Mi-24, Mi-28, and Mi-35M type helicopters.
The operating principle of the KPK is based on forming of output testing signals (voltage, frequency, current, pressure, etc.) simulating operation of testing equipment used to test the items by manufacturing plant and specified in the relevant publications (Description, Maintenance Manual, etc.), and measuring the output signals by means of built-in measuring equipment of the system.
Technical means of the systems operate under control of the system and application software downloaded in PC.
Software provides an operator with user’s interface, and enables to control hardware of the system and the equipment testing process.
The user’s interface enables:
- to provide self-diagnostic of the system
- to enter passport data of the equipment under test
- to control testing process in automatic and manual modes
- to display the measured parameters of the equipment, and inform the operator on unallowable electrical parameters of the equipment
- to advise the operator on possible troubles basing on a defect symptoms, and to edit and add new symptoms and defects
- to print results of the test on a form of the established report after completion of the test (to develop a report chart);
- to save results of the test, and data of the equipment in data base
- to hold a periodical certification of the system.
Hardware of the KPK system measures the electrical parameters of the equipment under test, and forms the controlling forces required to test the equipment.
During the test, the operator can adjust and tune the aviation equipment according to the operating manual.
Use of the system enables to improve labor efficiency, and reduce influence of human factor on the process and results of testing. An indisputable advantage of the system is an ability to save information on the results and object of the test, and availability to search for the required information.
Uninterruptable power source supports a long-term protection of the KPK system against power supply failures, voltage drops, failures and surges. In addition, it filters interference in power supply network and protects the equipment against dangerous factors at accidental disconnection of the equipment from power supply.
The systems are supplied with power from industrial single-phase AC network with a voltage of 220 V and 50 Hz.
Special power supply sources used for operation of the equipment under test are included into the hardware.
The equipment under test is connected to the KPK system by means of electrical wiring harnesses (cables, hoses) which design prevents them from wrong connection.
The design of the system
The composition of all systems includes the following elements:
- Casing 1 (LH pedestal) – hardware of the system
- Operator’s display (is installed into optical panel to change its tilt and turn angles)
- table to arrange the equipment under test, holders, and supports
- mouse device
- a set of wiring harnesses (cables, hoses) to connect the equipment
- printer (to be supplied at customer’s request)
- Casing 2 (RH pedestal) designed to store publications, wiring harnesses (cables, hoses) for connection of the equipment, tools and spare parts (to be supplied at customer’s request; can be produced in different design).
A separate table, storage stands and instrument racks (to be supplied at customer’s request) can be produced in different design.
1. Casing 1 (LH pedestal).
2. Operator’s display.
3. Table to arrange the equipment under test.
4. Printer (to be supplied at customer’s request).
5. Casing 2 (RH pedestal).
6. Mouse device.
Design of Casing 1 enables access to electric wiring connections and the system hardware through the front and back doors.
The printer is designed to print results of the equipment test.
Weight of workplace is approximately 300 kg.
A complete set of the ground testing equipment made by NPO SPARC, AO includes nine totally completed workplaces to conduct a full range of testing of the helicopter avionics according to maintenance schedule. Management of a parallel work at all nine workplaces allows reducing of time for maintenance of the helicopters.